Travel Tips to Ensure Trouble-Free Holiday Trips
As Thanksgiving draws near, we at Capital Region International Airport are especially thankful for our loyal Fly Lansing travelers. We are fortunate to serve you and look forward to ensuring your travel experience is easy and hassle-free.
This week we will see thousands of travelers fly in and out of Capital Region International Airport. Our team is fully prepared and committed to getting passengers to their destinations safely and efficiently.
To help simplify your journey, we’ve prepared a quick list of travel tips. Our goal is for you to relax and start enjoying your vacation from the moment you arrive at our beautiful airport terminal. We suggest you:
- Plan ahead. Airport security screening lines are fast and efficient in Lansing, but during peak periods travelers should arrive at least 90 minutes before a domestic flight and 2 hours before an international flight.
- Have ID ready. Please have identification and boarding passes out when approaching the security checkpoint.
- Follow the 3-1-1 rule. 3-ounce bottles or less for all liquids, gels and aerosols, placed in a 1 quart-sized clear plastic zip-top bag to hold all small bottles; and 1 bag per passenger. Larger quantities of liquids may be packed in checked baggage.
- What to wear: Wear comfortable clothing and easy to slip on shoes. Take everything out of pockets before screening. Don’t wear clothes with a high metal content, and put heavy jewelry on after you go through security.
- Wrapped presents: The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) also recommends that passengers not travel with wrapped packages in their carry-on bags.
Travelers are encouraged to go to TSA.gov for more security and travel tip information. Thank you for choosing to Fly Lansing. On behalf of our entire Capital Region International Airport team, we wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving